It’s a beautiful sunny day, you have your music on and nothing can dampen your spirits, but you have to take TTC which means things are about to change.
Upon entering the station your mood does a quick 180 and suddenly you’ve transformed into Mr Jekyll and your battling to the death for a coveted spot on the train!
I did not start out this way, a year ago I stood back, offered my seat and smiled politely to strangers. Now, I’m still not as bad as some of the folks you’ll meet on TTC but I’m certainly not smiling any more.
10 Reasons why CraicTO hates the TTC
1. The collective smell of bad breath & body odour in the morning (it’s disgusting!)
We know it’s hot and you had to run to get this train, but please sort it out!
2. That guy happy out picking his nose at 8am on a packed subway.
I’m pretty sure we were all warned about picking our noses. Please reserve this task until you are at home, ALONE!
3. The people who feel its normal to clip their finger nails and worse…toenails!
True story, about a month ago I heard the familiar Clip Clip Clip and thought, nooooooo! I glanced behind me and was greeted by a big dirty foot and narrowly avoided loosing an eye to a flying toenail….boke!
4.The sheer aggression.
Think 8am, Yonge and Bloor at rush hour….enough said!
5. Lack of public transport etiquette
Giving up your seat to the elderly, pregnant, children or unwell! This is probably the most offensive TTC trait so take heed people and remember karma!
6. People who eat really smelly food
Really a beef pastry thing at 7 am, save your health and my stomach!
7. Door blockers
There are two types of door blockers, those who stand in your way and people who enter before all the passengers exit! These people really are a new breed of ignorant!
8. The women who insist their handbag needs a seat! Yes I know its Michael Kors and yes it’s very pretty, but I want a seat so move it or loose it sister! I recently discovered a blog called ‘I Hope your Bag is Comfortable A-hole’, a Toronto-based site for shaming those who commit such crimes – http://ihopeyourbagiscomfortableasshole.tumblr.com/
9. The guy who squeezes in.
Even when there is no room to squeeze, he will make a dash just as the doors are closing and make us all that wee bit more uncomfortable! We all have met this guy and we all have called him a few choice names!
10. Yes teenage girls, I want to hear about the cute guy who’s snap-chatting you and how your mother is a bitch, please talk louder in-case I miss a thing 10 seats back!
So there you have it our TTC rant and the 10 things (in no particular order) that we hate.
Go on let us know what you loathe about the TTC, it will make you feel better.
S + C xx