New arrivals …..brace yourselves! This lovely city you’ve grown so fond of is about to change, BIG TIME! Those of us who have survived our first Canadian winter are not so excited about the snow! We were congratulated on numerous occasions last year on surviving the coldest winter in decades, so what do you have to look forward to?!
1. It’s cold: In fact, it’s so cold that your face will hurt. Just warning you now!
2. Smile, smile my arse: Once Jack Frost comes a’knocking Torontonians new, established and myself included become a little grouchy!
3. Your commute will be that much longer: So leave extra early as there will be more people on public transit, cars drive slower and even walking is a hassle which means the whole commute will take longer than normal.
4. Prepare to hibernate: I love my nights out, and these normally consist of a dress and heels, but it takes one hell of an occasion to get us out in the depth of winter, so make the most of those patios while the sun is out.
5. Hibernation and eating go hand in hand!
6. Spend, spend spend: Winter is the perfect excuse to shop for a new wardrobe. Up until now you may have thought this girl hates winter….whats to hate? It is the best season in terms of clothes. I love to layer, and this is the perfect season to do so! Winter coats, cardigans, hats and gloves, boots boots and more boots!
7. Winter brings the best drinks: Chai Lattes, hot chocolate, hot whiskeys, mulled wine….need I say more.
8. You don’t have to hear the phrase bikini body for at least another 4-6 months, and you don’t have to fret about yours!