Irish Life, The insurance Company gathered these statistics to celebrate 75 years in business. Some of these stats shocked me, I mean only just over half of us will reach for the kettle in a crisis?!
Here is the full list of stats
- More than one in five Irish people (21%) have packed sausages in their luggage when going on holidays.
- 94% of Irish people have thanked the bus driver.
- Just 5% of us had their first kiss in the Gaeltacht.
- 40% of Irish people look at someone’s social media before they go on a date.
- 34% hide peoples news feeds when they post too many pictures of their pets/babies….Guilty!!!
- 24% of Irish people have tried online dating.
- Just one in five Irish people are friends with their Mammy on Facebook. (Shocking people, accept yer mams)
- Over half (54%) make tea if there’s a crisis.
- 80% of Irish people have eaten a crisp sandwich. (Would you not sell your soul for one right now?)
- Over half (55%) can pull a pint.
- Over one in ten (13%) Irish people have an embarrassing middle name.
- Over half (54%) of Irish parents think the kids in their family are smarter than the average children.
- 29% of Irish people have been to Copper Face Jacks (AKA Coppers) in Dublin.
- 40% of Irish people have a tin whistle in the house.
- Just 39% of Irish people say they have had ‘the fear’.
- Almost one in five (18%) Irish people feel like they know Anne Doyle.
- 40% of Irish people have clapped when a plane has landed.
- 73% of Irish people have asked a taxi driver ‘is it busy tonight?’.
- More than one in four (26%) Irish people still have their first teddy bear.
- One in five Irish people (20%) will never wear the color of their school uniform again.
What do you think? Does this sound right to you? Let us know your thoughts?